Here are five suggested articles for financial advisors to read this weekend:
1. Analyzing Yield Curves to Position Your Clients’ Portfolios – The recent equity selloff has dropped S&P 500 10.2% from the September peak to its November 23 trough and removed about $2.5 Tn in market cap from the index.
2. Everything to Know About Retirement Plan Provisions in Latest Tax Bill – On November 26, 2018, House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Kevin Brady, R-Texas, introduced a substantial tax package consisting of two main divisions: The Taxpayer First Act of 2018, and the Retirement, Savings, and Other Tax Relief Act of 2018.
3. Finding Missing Defined Contribution Plan Participants – When participants terminate employment many often leave their defined contribution accounts with their former employers. Over time, many simply forget they even had an account. In these cases, they are still participants even though they are not actively contributing to their accounts.
4. Optimizing Workplace Benefits Could Be A Huge Opportunity For Advisors – Working Americans value their benefits – as well they should, according to a recent survey from the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA).
5. 7 Concerns on the Forefront of 401k Plan Sponsors’ Minds Right Now – Investor advocates: Agency still has a lot of work to do on Form CRS